Friday, January 8, 2010

Dear Craigslist,


I love you. Would you like to know why? You provide a multitude of lessons:

1) No one on Craigslist knows how to spell, or at least doesn’t proofread what they write before they post. Examples: fouton, tabel/talble, “Asleys Love seat Bught it new But it dosen't feet, Can't returned because I got it out of the Clearance area.I had it for 5 months and I have the recits. It mesures 70inch x 39.inch”, lovseat, armoier.

2) Beautiful, gorgeous, vintage, nice, mid-modern, and antique are relative words.

3) The 80's and 90's were a very bad time for furniture.

4) There is a lot of bad furniture.

5) There are lots of people that attribute the words “beautiful” and “gorgeous” to bad furniture.

6) Anything “vintage” or “mid-modern” automatically doubles in price even if (perhaps, because) it has been puked on and ripped by a cat.

7) It is possible to trade PBR for furniture.

Love, H

P.S. I'm glad to live in America, and I'm glad that America is a diverse nation. So I understand that not all your users are native English speakers. Therefore, those people receive grace, grace, marvelous grace. However, I am also aware that there are many native English speakers who do not take the time to master it. Perhaps that is why so many non-native English speakers have trouble... just a thought.

P.P.S. Is that a Lite Brite coffee table? Oh joy!

No comments: