Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Thoughts

Before I forget...

My cravings.
Red meat and watermelon. I remember feeling ravenous for a watermelon in the middle of March. So expensive, but I think I still bought one or two. And beef. One night we were supposed to eat leftovers. Andy saw me pouting by the fridge. I told him that I really wanted a steak. He said, "My dear, you shall have steak!" It was one of the best nights of his life.

-------------------------------------------

Leg cramps.
I got lots of them. At night. In my calves. I'd hop out of bed and try my hardest to stand up straight because ooooooooooo it hurt!

On the first night of our birthing classes, we practiced doing "hip compressions" which were supposed to help if you had back labor. The next morning I woke up with a bad leg cramp. Andy usually would give me a groggy "Are you okay?" when I had one. This time he practically jumped out of bed and asked, "Do you need me to do a hip compression???" Funniest part was that he was asleep - he didn't remember it at all.

-------------------------------------------

What I did at 3 am.
Pee. And then go drink a huge glass of water. Andy usually asked me if I was having contractions when I got up. Once again, completely asleep. But it's really sweet to know that he is thinking of my needs even in his sleep.

-------------------------------------------

Exposure of pride.
I had such a great pregnancy. No vomiting. Little nausea. Slept pretty well. Got the usual aches and pains, but nothing too bad. Blood pressure = perfect. Glucose levels = great. What? My baby is breech? But I am so awesome at being pregnant! Look at how fertile my husband and I are! Surely that can't be. And surely I can flip her because, after all, I am awesome.

Dear Heather - it is only by the grace of God that you are having a baby at all. You have so little to do with it. His mercy allows that child to grow and thrive in you. If any hands can move her, it is His. And if they don't, He has a plan. Trust God. Not yourself.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

It's amazing that it only takes one thing to remind us that we are truly not in control! P.S. I'm super jealous of your never having vomiting! But then again, I've been able to sleep through almost every night without having to wake up to pee... It's a trade off! I miss you!