Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Design Bravery

You may know that a year and a half ago I took up sewing. It has turned into nearly an obsession. I love the entire process - choosing a project, picking out fabric, cutting the fabric, sewing it together, ripping it apart, sewing it again, pricking my fingers a hundred times, crying, sweating, bleeding into a project and finally seeing the results of my labor. Satisfaction, indeed.

I thought about putting together a scrapbook of my works - even bought a notebook for it - but I really hate scrapbooking. Instead I have created a blog to showcase my work. A purely narcissistic venture. Not only will I have a journal of my projects (what it is, when I made it, who it was for), but you can see what I do when Mr. Wright is nose deep in homework. A girl has got to keep busy.

First you'll see projects that you have probably seen before. I have a few others that I need to put up, and even projects that I have not yet taken pictures of. Including the quilt I made last December/January. How's that for procrastination?

Click Here

No comments: